I saw the doc today for my tummy issues; not the specialist but the internist who referred me for x-rays. The pain has just been getting worse, can't sleep, don't know what I can eat, had to leave my grand babies to come deal with this!! sucks!
Here is what the doc hypothesized, tho nothing is definite till I see the specialist in two or three weeks. (However, this doc prescribed pain killers...DRUGS! YES!!)
- The xrays showed a thickening of the jejunum; the 2nd part of the small intestine.
- The pain in my tummy corresponds to where this little jejunum (don't you love that word?) sits. Maybe I have "jejunum-itis"
- Could be: Crohn's disease, celiac disease (gluten intolerance) or lymphoma (the worst scenario) possibly pancreas issues.
- I got a blood test for celiac disease and for pancreatitas.
- The doc suggested that I stop gluten just to see if it brings relief; that would be the easiest fix.
- 95% sure I don't have an ulcer or gall bladder issues.
ok...so this could be all out the window when I see the specialist in 2 - 3 weeks; but it's reassuring to know we're on the path to a diagnosis.
This is not the way to lose 6 pounds!!! Find another way or love the pounds you have is what I say!
Thanks for all your support fan club. Hopefully, I won't be bending your ear about this much longer and you can bend mine instead...about fun 'n healthy stuff!
Loves ya'll , SarahLyn
No comments:
Post a Comment