Dear family and friends...recently I had some stomach issues that concerned me so decided to see my oncologist just to check things out. A CA19-9 blood test showed that my tumor counts have gone up quite a bit...from 14-670...a big jump. The doc ordered a cat scan which showed that I have three new spots in my liver from 1.5 centimeters down to 9 millimeters.
Because of where the spots are surgery and radiation are not options. This Thursday, August 16, I will start another round of chemo. I will be getting a different drug than I had before and doing a pattern of two weeks on, one week off for three months.
Avi and I spent a day trying to find our feet after having the rug pulled out from under us. We are both now walking forward with the hope that this second round of chemo will erase the cancer in my body absolutely. I am exploring ways that I can support a healthy liver and other possible treatments should I need it. If you have suggestions I welcome them.
Please continue to hold me in your heart, sending positive thoughts and prayers my way.
Hugs to all, SarahLyn
No comments:
Post a Comment