So here is our current situation.
We have enrolled SarahLyn in hospice here in Portland. We will remain here and not travel back to Eugene for the near future. I am caring for her 24 - 7 as I have pretty much done for the last year. The major difference is that now she is on morphine as a pain reliever. She is very weak and needs help moving about or doing just about anything. I am holding up well and the hospice service supplies us with just about everything we need including medications. We are requesting that people hold off requesting visits till close family members get a chance to visit with us.
Although I am not religious I keep the Serenity Prayer in mind constantly. It helps put things into perspective and deal with life on a moment by moment basis.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.
That's it for this moment. I'll keep you updated.
Avi
Avi, we are sending YOU & SarahLyn our love and prayers! You are such an amazing soulmate for SarahLyn! We are both with heavy hearts for you and wish we could help in some way. Just know we are always here for you whatever the need be! Please take care of you as well. Please give our girl a love for us! Char & Jim
ReplyDeleteAvi and SarahLyn - My thoughts and prayers are with you in these hours. May you find the comfort in each other, in your family ties, and in each precious moment. Love, Annie Heron
ReplyDeleteSending SO MUCH LOVE to both of you! Please let me know if you need anything, whether it's up there or for me to take care of something for you down here - it's a much lighter term for me.
ReplyDeleteLove, Jess
I am thinking of you both and will be sending love and prayers your way. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. SarahLyn has been such an amazing supporter of me in the past year and it has meant so much. I am thinking of you both. Love Tara
ReplyDeleteI am thinking of you both and will be sending love and prayers your way. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. SarahLyn has been such an amazing supporter of me in the past year and it has meant so much. I am thinking of you both. Love Tara
ReplyDeleteSending love to both you guys, and praying for strength and energy. It is a testament to you and Sarahlynn that everyone wants to be with you guys to the point where you have to make a request to hold off on the requests. I remember my days in adult oncology and that is not always the case. Its because of all the love and care you guys have shown to others. I hope you can feel that even if it may be overwhelming at times. Love you both and hoping to a good renewing time with the fam.
ReplyDeleteAvi and SarahLyn,
ReplyDeleteWe are a phone call away if there is anything we can help with. You are in our thoughts, in our heart and we continue to pray for your comfort and serenity.
Mary Lou and Steve
So sorry. Too painful for words. It was a year ago that Dennis died.
ReplyDeleteJudy