Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hi all....just wanted to give you the latest on my journey so far....

My last chemo...I'm visualizing forever!...was May 22nd, this past Tuesday.  As I write this my energy level is good and I have minimal to no side effects!  Hooray!

The next step is a pet scan to look at what activity, if any, can be detected as far as cancer cells.  The pet scan measures  the metabolic activity of cells and since cancer cells have a higher metabolic rate than regular cells they light up in the scan results.

I'll have the pet scan done a month from now, the end of June.  Then meet with the oncologist to talk about the results and next steps.  There will be monthly blood draws to determine what is happening with my tumor counts for at least six months and if all goes well the time between draws will be extended.  Three years is the key marker for having beat this thing.

I am visualizing full recovery, health, vitality and long life.  I am committed to giving my body the best fuel possible and counting on my basic healthy body to carry me through.  The rest I surrender to the powers that be.

I continue to feel uplifted by all of your love and support and ask that you keep holding me in your thoughts and prayers.  I am grateful for each and everyone of you in my life!

Hugs to all...SarahLyn

No comments:

Post a Comment