Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hi all...here's hoping life is treating you all well and that you are enjoying the bloom of each moment you have.  Being with my grand babies always reminds me to stay present in this moment and appreciate every little laugh, gesture and bit of fun.

I had my 10th chemo treatment yesterday so there are two left to go before I've finished this round.  I had an allergic reaction to one of the chemos, oxaliplatin, which they stopped immediately and will not continue.  I talked with my oncologist about it today and his report is that my body was just done with that one and they won't continue it nor will they replace it with another chemo as there really isn't one.  However, he also reports that it will only minimally affect the efficacy of the chemo and the others that I'm taking will continue to do their work.  I'm feeling stronger and better today after my chemo yesterday than I have in awhile so maybe the loss of the one chemo was really helpful over all.

So...May 22nd is my last chemo; a date to celebrate.  I'm a bit nervous about ending the chemo and how my body will take this on without toxins.  However, I keep returning to the belief that my basically healthy body with the help of good fuel, a strong positive attitude and family/friends who love, support and  hold me up will take me to the finish line of this challenging race.  The wisdom on this particular cancer is that three years out you have likely beat it so that's my goal, to stay strong, healthy and cancer free for the three years and beyond.

Love, hugs and huge thanks to all of you for your steadfast support, positive thoughts, prayers. encouraging and inspiring emails and cards.  All of your loving care lifts me up and keeps me going....SarahLyn

No comments:

Post a Comment