Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Saw dr. Segal today...the doc in Portland.  I really like him.  Things are moving quickly.  I get a port in on Monday...not a pic, it's inserted into the chest and you don't see it once it's in.  Tuesday I get a cat scan to see how nasty things have gotten on a chemo that wasn't working.  Wednesday I start chemo, including carrying a pump for 46 hours.

I expect the side effects to be similar to my first round of chemo...diarrhea seems to be a big one...yippee.  I do a week on and a week off for eight weeks.  It it's working I will probably do more.  If it does a good job killing the cancer cells I may at some point do the antibody study in Seattle.

The holidays are looking more and more marvy!  I just hope this chemo kicks butt!  That will be my gift for the holidays...that and being with my people.

I'll be firing my Eugene doc now.  I think he really has dropped the ball with me and I hope there aren't other patients he's letting slide.

Love you all, SarahLyn

No comments:

Post a Comment