Just finished my first chemo up here about 2:30. It went well. I like Dr. Segal and I felt good about the care I received at the infusion center. It is open and I can have visitors if any of you are ever up for a fun ride through chemo land.
The cat scan showed that my liver lesions doubled in size while I was on the Gemzar...not good news. However, they don't seem to have spread to my bones, my lungs, or other organs. The pancreatic tumor seems inactive and the same size so now it's all about keeping the cancer from spreading further.
The goal is to get the cancer reduced and enter the study in Seattle. That could be my best chance for flushing my system of this nasty stuff.
So far the chemo is treating me easy however I'm still getting folfiril through the pump and sometimes things kick in when they take the pump out, which is Friday
No comments:
Post a Comment