Well, after seven pokes with the needle being wiggled around to chase the vein, lots of heavy breathing and frustration on the part of the nurses I have my IV in. If you have large lovely veins...count yourself lucky. Now let's hope my white blood cell count is high enuff to do the chemo!
Chemo went fine once they got the vein. Next time no coffee before my draw and flood my system with water...hopefully that will plump up the veins. I definitely will consider a port if getting my veins continues to be a challenge!
Beautiful days here. The trees are starting to turn but not as riotous as last fall. I hope it lasts awhile longer so I can enjoy it with more energy.
Avi and i just got to Portland about an hour ago. We're here for Ryan's marathon and Maddens one year birthday pahty. Monday Avi and I head up to Seattle to talk to the study doc there. I'm eager to hear what he has to say. My tumor counts went up over 5000 the blood draw I had yesterday. Either I'm dumping lots of dead cancer cells....that would be nice...or this chemo ain't working for shit. The last three counts have kept going up and it always feels like a sock in the belly, I gasp, feel stunned, weep a bit then move on....what cha gonna do?
No comments:
Post a Comment