Friday, October 12, 2012


Some days it just seems so hard to stay out of the doldrums and find some peace with all of this.  I'm really not the Pollyanna type...there's a certain denial of reality you must do to be happy go lucky with a knife at your throat.   I get scared, I weep and rage and wish so much that this lot were not mine to bear.  When I can keep myself from the future visits I am more able to find peace.  Best to stay right here in this moment cuz this I can handle and this moment usually has some blessing if I will step inside of it.

Avi and I are both unhappy with how dr. Caton just ignored the tumor counts going up.  I could stay angry at him and wonder how much damage has been done by not getting on it sooner but it's a waste of my energy.  I need to forgive it and let it go.  I'm glad we're with a new doc and I'm hoping this new chemo will work.

Go ahead and send your devotional book.  I will read it and think of you reading it at the same time.  Perhaps there will be something to lift my spirits when I need it.

I had a steak burrito for dinner tonight from taco time...I was craving moms pot roast, with roasted carrots, onions and tomatoes.  That was the closest I could come.  We may just have to make pot roast soon.

Well...it's raining for the first day in several weeks.  We've had such beautiful fall weather I won't complain.  However, I should have picked all the raspberries this mornin.  I picked just enough to have on my cereal and I'm afraid the rain probably knocked them all off.  That plant has been a great producer

No comments:

Post a Comment