Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dear friends..just a brief bit of information to let you all know that I'm nearly done with my first week of chemo.  It hit me harder than I expected; I was quite nauseous and lethargic for 5 days...a lethal combination really.  I wasn't expecting the nausea because of how effective I've heard the anti-nauseous drugs are; however, either I need a different combination or didn't get ahead of the game fast enough.  It was better yesterday and I expect today it will be even better.  I had my first craving for a hamburger with all the works and fries!  It's been awhile since I've even thought of a hamburger as something I would enjoy.  I didn't cave but it was a very strong urge!!

I see the doc on Monday to talk about how things are going and maybe to do a blood test; see how my blood is doing.  If all is well I have another round of chemo on Wednesday; they're trying to move the treatments up more towards the beginning of the week.

Avi is being the best nurse ever and going to extreme efforts to create macrobiotic foods that I will eat; yesterday he made an Amasake custard that was very good and went on a search for tempeh that took him over an hour.  Fortunately, he works at minimum wage; a hug 'n a kiss 'll do it.

I've had my moments of discouragement and tears; sometimes longer than moments.  I knew this was going to be a tough dance and I haven't learned the steps yet so I end up on my butt more often than I had expected to; I'm a pretty good dancer and a fast learner though so I expect I'll get the rhythm of this soon.  Your thoughts and support are beyond measure in guiding these dancing feet....

Love and hugs to all, SarahLyn

No comments:

Post a Comment