Although, the nausea skipped me this time, which was a blessing, the chemo had it's revenge in other just as uncomfortable ways. Without going into details let me just say I'm not sure which is more uncomfortable, intense cramping and quality time spent on the pot or nausea. I really would rather not choose either thanks very much.
Today, for the first time really, I felt more like my old self with some energy and appetite. Now I have two days before it begins anew. I'm hoping the oncologist and nutritionist will have some tips for me that will make the next treatment go a little easier. It's really challenging to hold onto any weight when I'm...well,...getting rid of it about as fast as I can put it in. So, number one on my list for next week; keep the food in and recover more quickly from the treatment!
As with any journey there are blessings along the way if you are open to seeing them; sometimes they just hit you in the face! My niece, Emily, returned to me the 1000 paper cranes that I made for her during her journey with cancer. Avi dumped the whole box in my lap (I'm sure you got the picture) and it was a colorful delight!! Friends have been spending wonderful time with me during my chemo treatments and bringing me great food in between. I get cards weekly that are funny or very touching. I never fail to notice the sun shining out side my window...it may be rare here but it DOES happen. I've renewed communication with friends far away and near. Life is often just about as good as it gets.
I'm sending hugs galore to each and every one of you! I carry you in my heart of hearts and I am so glad to have you in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment