Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hi Myrna...  thanks so much for the update.  I knew that Darlene had gotten worse and wasn't wanting to see friends but didn't realize it was this far along.  It saddens me.  I feel for Bob and can understand Darlene's desire to be done.

I would love to see her but I'm not sure how helpful it would be for her or for me.  I just got the information yesterday that I have a tumor near or in my pancreas.  I'm dealing with the possibility of pancreas cancer which is pretty aggressive and not very treatable.  I was in fact just last night thinking about calling Bob to find out the name of their oncologist as I want to get some conversations going immediately about what I can do.  I got up this morning planning to email him with the question; I'm not sure that's a good idea either if he's feeling very fragile.

I haven't talked to anyone else about this yet so please hold onto it.  I go for an endoscopy first to discover what type of tumor it is; there are some types that have a better prognosis.  My gastrointerologist, whom I've seen only twice, was not hopeful.  Avi and I just got this information yesterday and were pretty crushed last night; after reading some survivor stories I'm more hopeful this morning that I can extend my life with treatment.

I dropped my membership at the Y; I just wasn't  using it enough but I sure miss my YOGA!!  I was hoping to come walking with the group last night but ended up seeing the doc instead.  I may decide to come walking Thursday but no promises.

I'm in town till I get this next step in my diagnosis and then I'm not sure where I'll be.  Please let me know when you find a time to go see Darlene and I will consider whether it is something I can do.  I don't want to lay this on Darlene and I'm not sure how I'll feel seeing her...you understand.

If you know the name of a good oncologist or the one that Darlene used please forward it to me....Blessings, SarahLyn

No comments:

Post a Comment