The oncologist consultation went well. I like him; he's personable, seems very skilled and is easy to talk to. The info he shared really is more hopeful. He reports that my CA 19-9 blood levels are mildly elevated and could indicate cancer or might not be cancer at all. If they were at 8,000 then he would be sure it was cancer but not at 800, which is what mine are.
Also positive is where the tumor sits. It's inside my pancreas but it's in the middle, the best possible place for it to be in order for them to operate. He seemed more hopeful that it is resectable (operable) and if it is benign then I could live to 90; that was my plan all along. The definitive answer will be Wed when we find out if the tumor is benign. I'll know quite a bit on Tuesday after the endoscopy but the biopsy results won't be in till Wed.
However, I'm healthy, strong, positive and hopeful and I have all of Randy's prayer troops rallying around; who could top that!! Plus two sistahs who pray without ceasing (I hope you sleep and go to the bathroom!).
The talk went as well as it could with the kids. They're both overwhelmed and just trying to take it in. It's good we'll be seeing them again on sunday and can process more if they need it. Ryan seems depressed and really thrown; Shawna is weepy but more positive. They are both telling me that I have to be ok and they won't settle for anything less. So...that's what I'm going for.
I love you guys! Thanks for all your support, prayers, laughs and love. Take care of yourselves. I'm sorry you didn't have a shoulder to cry on with Chris out of town Robyn...I hope this job gets finished soon and that he will stick around!!
Choose hope always!! Sarahlyn
No comments:
Post a Comment