Hi dear heart...I just wanted to let you know that my appt. with the oncologist went very well and we are feeling more hopeful. My CA 19-9 numbers are elevated but mildly in his opinion. Mine are 800 but he said a number of 8000 would concern him more that it is pancreas cancer. It's very possible that the tumor is benign and resectable (operable), The endoscopy will give more details about the shape, size, location and type of tumor; the biopsy they will do will tell us if it is benign or cancer. So, Wednesday we will have more definitive information Although it is still possible that the worst could happen, I'm feeling more positive that this tumor is benign and beatable.
We came up last night and talked with the kids; it was, of course, difficult for them to hear and overwhelming. However, they're strong and I think after they have time to process they will rally; they're being very supportive.
Thanks so much for the best gift you could give me; your friendship. I cherish you and am grateful for your loving support. I hope this next year brings increased health and renewal for both of us.
I hope the Holy Daze refreshes and restores you! Love you sweetie...SarahLyn
No comments:
Post a Comment