Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hi all...I saw one of the oncologists regarding the results of the PET scan.  The tumor in my pancreas is clearly cancer; the liver spots, once again, were not as clear.  However, three of the doctors viewing the results concur that it is 95% certain that the spots are cancer.  They would still like a pathology report that verifies this diagnosis so I am scheduled to do another liver biopsy on Tuesday; this one from the outside rather than during an endoscopy.

I will be seeing the oncologist this Friday to talk about all of the procedures and future treatment.  I begin chemo next Wednesday in Eugene; seems quick given how long it has taken to get to this point.

I am so grateful to have such a loving family supporting me on this journey.   I would not have chosen this but it's mine to do so I'm glad y'all are with me...Loving each of you immensely, SarahLyn

No comments:

Post a Comment