The endoscopy showed some spots on my liver that the doc biopsied in addition to the tumor. I talked with the endoscopist last night. The pathology report was inconclusive re: benign vs. cancer for both the tumor and the liver spots. I'm scheduled to do a PET scan Tuesday the 20th which will light up those rascally cells if they're cancerous. If the liver spots show cancer then it is from my pancreas and means I have pancreas cancer. They would not be able to remove the tumor or the liver spots surgically so treatment would most likely involve chem and/or radiation. I am healthy, strong and sassy; statistics are only numbers and I'm not a number.
This tumor had to go out of it's way to find me; I am not in any high risk categories except for my age and my diabetes, which may actually have been caused by this condition...well, not my age of course
I won't have more information until the docs review the PET scan and talk with us. The best result at this point would be for those pesky liver spots to be benign; that's what I'm visualizing. We will move forward with whatever treatment looks to be the most effective once we have the results and have met with the docs. We still have to decide where I'll be doing the treatments, Eugene or Portland.
Continue sending your love thoughts and prayers; I'm soaking them up and I know they are healing. I will send more information as I get it but it will most likely be after Christmas.
Enjoy the season and spend all the time you can with the ones you love. I am grateful for each and every one of you in my life!! Blessings and hugs,
SarahLyn
Avi wants you to know he appreciates your support, prayers and love as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment