I have a 3 cm tumor on, in or near my pancreas. The CA 19-9 blood test, which is a cancer indicator, was high. The doc said it was very possibly pancreatic cancer which is aggressive with no known cure at this time. However, it is possible that it's what is called an LPM tumor which is operable and has a better prognosis. The doc wants me to do an endoscopy to discover what type of tumor it is. My hope is that it is an LPM tumor and that I can beat it with treatment.
I'm scheduled to see the endoscopy clinic tomorrow and an oncologist on Friday. I'll know more about how treatment options and therapy after those appointments.
Avi and I were pretty devastated on Tuesday when we got the news. I've been dealing with pain in my abdomen for several months and they began by eliminating a possible ulcer, gall bladder etc. PC is difficult to diagnose as it is usually asymptomatic until it is more advanced which makes it harder to cure. If caught early they can often successfully remove the tumor; mine is just too big. The doc was not an up beat, we can beat this, hopeful kind of guy which actually put us both into a downward spiral for awhile. However, after reading some survivor stories and getting my emotional bearings I have decided to choose hope; to align myself with health, to tap into my spiritual strength and go forward every day being in this life.
The good news is that I'm relatively young (also the bad news) and I'm darn healthy except for this weirdness living inside. I expect to be exploring all treatment options including alternatives and I'm open to any suggestions of things to pursue. I will eventually find a support group and get active doing what I can do. For now I'm trying to strengthen my resolve and my emotional body.
I love you! I need everyone I can get in my corner so send the love waves and prayers up for me. Blessings, SarahLyn
No comments:
Post a Comment