Thursday, December 15, 2011

I just wanted to fill you in on what's happening for me health wise.  I've been having upper abdominal pain for more than six months.  They've been doing a variety of tests to determine what it's all about.  At first we thought it might be an ulcer; I was actually hoping for that diagnosis.  The most recent tests, a cat scan and blood tests, spotted a tumor in my pancreas.  This Tuesday I had an endoscopy and biopsy of the tumor.  The results for the biopsies aren't back yet; we will probably hear from them today.

I have a group of folks that I'm updating via email and will put you guys on that list.  I'm communicating directly with very few folks at this point; I'm focusing my energies on dealing with this and staying hopeful.  I appreciate emails but I'm responding minimally as I process and find my way on this path.

 My kids have been very supportive; they were here for the endoscopy and Ryan spent a couple of days with me.  We had some sweet conversations.  They are naturally overwhelmed and shocked but I know they'll be ok when they can process all of this.

I appreciate all the love waves, support and prayers I can get.  I love you guys and I'm counting on more time for us to deepen our relationship in the future.

Loves,hugs and blessings on you both!  Have a great holiday!  SarahLyn

No comments:

Post a Comment