Friday, December 9, 2011

Hi ladies...well, the Chanukah celebration was taken out of my hands after all.  My brother unwittingly sent Ryan information about a prayer request he is making to his prayer group.  He didn't know that the kids hadn't been told yet and that's my fault because I didn't think to tell him.  Anyway, Ryan called me and the short version is I talked to both of them on the phone. They wanted us to come down tonight so we could be here to talk more with them so Avi and I left right after the oncologist appt.  The conversation with them was ok and they are both still processing all the information.  However, we'll see them again on Sunday so we can be together for more questions and processing.  It wasn't the way I planned it but it is what it is and it's all ok.

The oncologist consultation went well.  I like him; he's personable, seems very skilled and is easy to talk to.  The info he shared really is more hopeful.  He reports that my CA 19-9 blood levels are mildly elevated and could indicate cancer or might not be cancer at all.  If they were at 8,000 then he would be sure it was cancer but not at 800, which is what mine are.

Also positive is where the tumor sits.  It's inside my pancreas but it's in the middle, the best possible place for it to be in order for them to operate.  He seemed more hopeful that it is resectable (operable) and if it is benign then I could live to 90; that was my plan all along.  The definitive answer will be Wed when we find out if the tumor is benign.  I'll know quite a bit on Tuesday after the endoscopy but the biopsy results won't be in till Wed. I will let you know what the results are and the next steps which will include surgery if the results bring good news.

Hope all goes well with each of you and I'm hoping to see more of you this month so we can have some celebration time.  We will try to get a Chanukah gathering happening in the Spring...or not...depending on what the journey brings.

I love you both and am so thankful for the gift of you in my life...SarahLyn

No comments:

Post a Comment