Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hi sisters...forgive me for sharing this information via email but I need some time to process everything and I don't want to talk about it for awhile.  However, I want you to know what's going on so I'll share this way and eventually I will talk to you directly.  Just give me some time.

I have a 3 cm tumor.  Most likely it is pancreas cancer.  However, it is possible that it's what is called an LPM tumor which is operable and has a better prognosis.  The doc wants me to do an endoscopy to discover what type of tumor it is.  If it is pancreas cancer, well, it's good bye bears.  Surgery is very dangerous and doesn't have much of a success rate.  There is no cure for pancreas cancer.  It's just a matter of time and I didn't ask that question yet; I'll save it until I know for sure that is what I have.

That's all the news fit to print.  Really weird to be in this place.  I was sure that cancer would pass me by; my little denial bubble.

Keep the prayers coming and I appreciate  your support.f  Please, don't call me, I will call you eventually.  Oddly enough Shawna called me this morning and Ryan sent me a text right after I got the news asking "any news?"  Neither one of them called me at all the last week I was home so I think they're sensing somethin.  However, I haven't shared any of this with them yet.  I'm not sure I will before Christmas but for sure not until I have the endoscopy.

I love you guys!  It's looking more and more like I won't beat mom to an older age; pisses me off!!  I do have one more shot and that's if this tumor is not pancreas cancer so if you could send up prayers for that it would be appreciated...SarahLyn

No comments:

Post a Comment